Friday, November 30, 2007

Week 9 #22 Downloadable Media

I took the opportunity to explore the HCPL eBranch. I actually downloaded Say A Little Prayer by E. Lynn Harris to a MP3 player. I found the whole process to be fairly easy. Of course, it is important to READ...all of the information needed is on the site. HCPL has a diverse collection of eaudio books, music and videos. I also looked at LibriVox. It contains free audiobooks from the public domain. It was easy to use and can be great for getting the classics and older materials but of course it isn't going to help you if you are looking for newer material. Wowio has free copyrighted audiobooks. I didn't see hardly any popular titles but noticed quite a few financial, resume, and business material. I think both sites can be useful depending on your needs.

No comments: